Hi there, I’m Claire
I’m essentially a self-taught jeweller who designs modern, simple jewellery using traditional techniques, cold connections and responsibly sourced materials.
I’m passionate about the environment and connecting with like minded people. The Wryght Designs commitment to the environment goes beyond simply using recycled metals, our designs are solder free, chemical free and ‘off the grid’. The philosophy is what’s in your jewellery box doesn’t need to contribute to climate change.
When I’m not making jewellery or hanging out as @wryghtdesigns on Instagram, I can be found
- admiring the beauty of sunrises and sunsets, I find them soul soothing like nature’s reward for rising early and surviving the day.
- trying new handicrafts like sewing and weaving because there can never be enough craft in the world.
- taking photographs of small details or landscapes, funny the two couldn’t be more polar opposites.
- I’m a qualified master of accountancy and my first degree was journalism, making me a “creative accountant”.
- ‘Procastibaking’ happens most weekends.
- I have a full time job that I jokingly describe as ‘moving numbers between spreadsheets’.