Struggling to pick which colour metal jewellery you should buy? Then here is a quick guide to help you decide and snag a new favourite piece to compliment your wardrobe.
There are three mains considerations for choosing a jewellery metal : skin tone, wardrobe colours and other jewellery.
Just like certain clothes colours look good on certain skin tones, particular metals also look good on particular skin tones.
- Cool skin tones : tend to be complimented by cooler metal colours like silver, white gold and platinum.
- Warm skin tones : tend to be complimented by warmer metal colours like brass, copper and yellow and rose golds.
- Neutral skin tones : have the benefit of looking great in both cool and warm metal colours aka free range on all metals.
Choosing a specific metal for jewellery can be a great way to compliment or contrast the main colours in your wardrobe.
- Black, white and grey : for contrast consider adding copper or brass, for subtlety add a splash of silver.
- Green, blue and purple : silver and brass will tend to compliment these hues where copper will add contrast.
- Red, yellow and orange : be aware that copper and brass that might clash tonally, add silver for a guaranteed complimentary dash.
Some women have a favourite jewellery metal, consistently seen in the matching jewellery metals, normally either gold or silver. Other women will mix their metals but this is normally a minority, though mixing is becoming more popular.
- Gold lovers : an addition of brass will fit nicely with other golden items without the hefty price tag.
- Silver lovers : obviously a purchase of silver will be loved.
- Rose gold lovers : an addition of silver or copper will compliment this trend for rose gold.
- Mixed metals lover or unsure : a splash of copper is most likely to please.
The above guide should help you choose a jewellery metals, but if you are wild at heart, or even just a little bit daring, adding a mixture of jewellery metals to match your daily mood or outfit of the day.